Skin the cockpit

For those working on art content.

Postby elitewolverine » Thu May 15, 2008 3:21 am

im asking this here hoping you will see it...

i love the cockpit models and think that this kinda of battletech simulator that you want would and is perfect for such a implemenation...

i think that all the mechwarrior series (even though having some kinda cockpit) lacked the actual feel of being in one...which to me even though its asthetics is extremely sim like (ie flight sim)

and to me it even shows in the mechs design, close up front city brawler mechs had tiny view ports for the head (protection) where as recon and long range mechs had electronics and huge view ports...

now with this in mind....if you dont mind i think while i am building those models (currently orion, warhammer, kodiak, and hopefully much more) i think i could within the contraints of the model build a viable cockpit for each model...

and as such any sort of poly limit as well would be awesome, ie 500 for cockpit and 2k for mech etc....
elitewolverine

Postby adamsderk » Thu May 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Elitewolverine,

Certainly. I have one cockpit version to play with, but if you build one for each of your mechs, I'll have them to work with.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby elitewolverine » Thu May 15, 2008 9:40 pm

sure if you want email me the file so i can know what you want/expect...along with any texture you might have so i kinda know what you want....

as well since its going to be "seperate" mesh than the mech what kind of poly limit are we talking about for the cockpit alone?
elitewolverine

Previous

Return to Artwork