new models WIP

For those working on art content.

new models WIP

Postby longtom » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:50 pm

warhammer 6r and the beginning of a marauder 3r - different versions.
the whammy is about 1400 polies without weapons 1600 with weapons. marauder isnt finished yet - will be around the same number of polies. texturing the whammy at the moment. the cockpit has a wip texture on it - the dark lines on the edges will be removed in the finished mech. of course ill optimise them to fit the available weapon models

hope you like them. :)

ed :)
"Remember, at 4:00 you have to shove a pineapple up Hitler's 455"
longtom

Postby Punk » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:29 am

Oh wow, thats only 1400 polys? Nice job LT.
0--}=----Punk-----*
House Marik[MPBT3025]
Punk

Postby GraySho » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:26 pm

I wonder if it's 1400 triangles or n-gons. Try to post shaded wireframe or a different lighting, it's hard to make out the geometry. Antialiasing would help too. The warhammer looks really nice.
GraySho

Postby longtom » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:19 pm

its exactly 1374 triangles without weapons - there are some hidden polys that i could delete as well at the knee and feetjoints - if the animation is done well those polys would never show up - i left them in the mesh for the moment since i dont know the animationmodel of the game. with the weapons in the pictures the mesh is exactly at 1648 polygons. All triangles - no quads or ngons.. i always count with triangles since most games work only with triangles. glad u like them

here are some updates on the whammy base texture - the cameron star is jusst for fun ;) . resolution is 1024x1024 x 24 bit

longtom

Postby Matti » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:30 pm

I've seen some pictures about WHM-6R before (classified as Unseen I believe), and on those SRM-6 on shoulder is taller than wider. I think I remember seeing one screenshot of IS3028 with WHM-6R on it which looks close to FASA's Unseen version. If I could remember topic's name...

[edit]
Found it! This is what WHM-6R should look like (on the right)

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Matti

Postby longtom » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:21 pm

its true - the mech in the picture is a warhammer - but actually its a reseen warhammer with the cockpit shaped to come closer to the siluette of the unseen. the reseen versions covers the versions whm-8d, whm-9d , whm-4l , whm-9s.
http://www.chaosmarch.com/output.cfm?ZV ... Votes=1132
the whm-6R , whm-6d, whm-6l and whm-6k are represented by the unseen warhammer artwork
http://www.chaosmarch.com/output.cfm?ZV ... &ZVotes=67
the problem with the unseen mechs is that fasa/wizkids dont own the rights on those designs so they decided to to new versions wich are known as the reseen. i realy like the reseen mechs but most people tend to either hate or ignoring them because some of the designs are quite far away from the original look. and the reseen versions are discribed in the fluff as upgrades of the older mechs with different looks and so on. a new interpretation of the 3025 versions has never been made officially.
my version is kind of a try to do a little redesign of the unseen warhammer. closer to the originals. i have some reseen mechs on my to do list as well but well , u got to start somewhere.

btw . very nice pic - i know the model - i think insidios did that warhammer version. u may know him as one of the admins from mektek. he did the wildcat and shadowhawk in mp3 if i remember correctly. i dont dare to compare his work with mine. hes definitly some large steps ahead. but being relativly new to meodeling i dont think i have to hide either.

longtom

Postby Punk » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:45 pm

God thats a shitty render, remind me to BURN that. Bleh.

Yeah, that be Sid's Wammy. I also have a Battlemaster and a Rifleman, both re-seen, he did, and they rock. He's an admin now? Well, least they have one artist admin over there who's not a BLEEPED twit.

Thats Gray's Atlas and Hana's Vindy in the background.
0--}=----Punk-----*
House Marik[MPBT3025]
Punk

Postby Matti » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:57 pm

Punk wrote:Thats Gray's Atlas and Hana's Vindy in the background.

Oh, it's Vindy... didn't even notice it before :P

By the way, Hana's interpretation of Thunderbolt with box shaped LRM launcher don't look good either (didn't even recognize it as TDR). I like more of the old Unseen version (I think it's Unseen) with round cylinder LRM.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Matti

Postby Hana Yuriko » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Matti wrote:

By the way, Hana's interpretation of Thunderbolt with box shaped LRM launcher don't look good either (didn't even recognize it as TDR). I like more of the old Unseen version (I think it's Unseen) with round cylinder LRM.

It isn't my interpretation. That's canon TRO. So Matti, what models have you done?
Hana Yuriko

Postby Ben » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:28 am

Hana's reseen T-Bolt is pretty much spot on...

longtom, are you modeling reseen versions of the Whamer and Marauder? I thought those had already been done.
Ben

Postby longtom » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:51 am

ill do models for the reseen but mostly for an own project. however ill release them to this project if there are gaps to fill. i dont want to replace already done work. this warhammer here is my interpretation of the old whm6r - dont think someone did a model for it already. the marauder - well i know there is already a model for it - so i consider this one an own standalone model. ill show it anyway and be it just for fun .dont want to piss someone off by openeing unneeded competition.
im specialized on mwda mechs anway - here u can see some in action. the textures has been made a bit darker with less saturazion since then.
http://www.mektek.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82910

ed:)
longtom

Postby adamsderk » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:19 am

Longtom,

I need both the unseen and reseen versions. If you make better versions than others whom are contributing, then I would prefer to use yours. The whole idea is to constantly evolve the models.

I am even interested in the DA models as well. The hard part for me is to get the stats for them.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby jasper_ward » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:01 am

if we all wait, supposedly theres a guy by the callsign of Dave_Baugman (Or something close, I'm horrible at remembering these things)over at CBT.com that is making a CBT Conversion TRO of all the Dark Age/AoD stuff, from the sounds of it, he is quite a ways done with the TRO, if ya want, maby I can PM him and have him come over here for a look see

***Edit***
umm.... wierd idea, would it be possible to change a few things to reflect MW:AoD stats, maby a side project one of us fans could pick up if shown the ways of the game designing?

I know its a way simpler system, and would be simply three types of weapons, and a few sub groups to show the Special Equipments, like Pulse, PPC Cap., Armor Piercing(guass)...etc

alot of mechs could use the CBT Models, and others like the ones LongTom are doing could fill in, share the stuff between projects, but do things a lil diff, an AoD mod of this might bring in another fanbase that hasn't been able to play a PC game in their universe timeline yet..(i know MA:Phantom War is out... but that shouldn't count)

Just a brainstorm...
jasper_ward

Postby longtom » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:28 am

i love that idea. going mwda would also solve a hell of alot balancing problems that may occur. however - schould wait till bts is ready or near completition. wouldnt be good to spilt resources at that point. admasderk has a hell of alot of mechs on his wishlist and ill do some more weapon models as well. of course i will continue with darkagemechs as my primary line but with the 45 mwda mechs , about 30 tabnks , 16 vtols , 1 aresmech, 6 workmechs and infantry as well as BAs i think im pretty much full for the moment. between 2 or 3 mwda models ill do some cbt as well. primary reseen and unseen redesigns. could take a year or 1 and a half year to do all those things i want to do. for the moment im modelling this warhammer here the maruader - a mwda marauder 2c a mwda thunderfox and a mwda jackelope.

longtom

Postby Matti » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:54 pm

Hana Yuriko wrote:
Matti wrote:

It isn't my interpretation. That's canon TRO.

For some reason I don't find your version from your deviantART site, but I remember it don't look like this one:

Adams wrote:I am even interested in the DA models as well. The hard part for me is to get the stats for them.

Here you go :mrgreen:

It's for HeavyMetal Pro (and I have it :mrgreen:), but some of it is readable with Notepad.

[edit]
HMPro can also make plain text files with all relevant data. So I could convert all those *.HMP files to *.TXT, zip them up and send over.

There seems to be only one MiningMech in that Zip file, but I guess it's pretty easy to configure what ever variants even without HMP: just swap machine gun and its ammo to Medium Laser and you'll have variant used by Sandoval's Swordsworn.

MekWars
Matti

Next

Return to Artwork