new models WIP

For those working on art content.

Postby Ben » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:00 pm

That's the Unseen T-Bolt, which isn't what she modeled, so it wouldn't look like that at all. She modeled the reseen one:

http://www.solaris7.com/Images/TRO/BattleMechs/TDR-9MThunderbolt.jpg
Last edited by Ben on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben

Postby adamsderk » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:59 pm

Jasper,

I've got all the time in the world. :) Having the "system" will make my job easier.

Longtom,

CBT and MW:DA are simply two sections of the same timeline. Since I want to cover the "entire" timeline, I will include both as part of the game. I will add any code necessary to support the DA units. The units themselves are only the first piece of the puzzle, I also need who owns them and when. Can anyone say... "more factions?"

Matti,

If you could convert a few to text so I could see them, it would be great. I am going to have to buy the entire HMP line and was planning to do so just before the job change came up. It will probably be a little while until I can think of getting the software, but it is in the plans. In the mean time, getting a preview could help me plan for the future changes necessary (if any) to support the timeline.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby Hana Yuriko » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:11 pm

Matti wrote:For some reason I don't find your version from your deviantART site, but I remember it don't look like this one:

You mean this image? http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11186312/

That design is straight out of TRO: Project Phoenix. What you posted is the Ironfoot from Dougram. ::grins::

Derk, the MW:DA 'mechs follow the same build rules as any other BT design. The biggest change is the monstrous 135t three legged beasties. Just remember that the internal structure of utilitymechs are double the standard.
Hana Yuriko

Postby longtom » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:05 am

since alot of mwda mechs dont have official stats i think it would be ok to make new variants. some of the mwda mechs are new versions of older mechs - mongoos 2 for example - so it would be logical to start from the older configs. the mechs are customizable anyway

ed :)
"Remember, at 4:00 you have to shove a pineapple up Hitler's 455"
longtom

Postby adamsderk » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:31 am

Hana,

I figured they used the same system, but I have learned not to assume anything. :) If I get a preview of the stats from HMP, I'll be in a better position to see what needs to be done.

Longtom,

I try to minimize the amount I have to "fill in" and if HMP has the stats, I'd prefer to use them. I know that the CBT MW:DA Character Sheets didn't sell well which is why they haven't made more. If Jasper is correct, getting stats from the "gods" would be great.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby Hana Yuriko » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:47 am

adamsderk wrote:Hana,

I figured they used the same system, but I have learned not to assume anything. :) If I get a preview of the stats from HMP, I'll be in a better position to see what needs to be done.

I have seen record sheets for MW:DA and other designs on sale at Hobby Town a few years ago. Here's one of the Uniques from HMP -- Maignlov's AgroMech:

Code: Select all
               BattleMech Technical Readout

Type/Model:    AgroMech MOD B (Bill Maignlov)
Tech:          Inner Sphere / 3132
Config:        Biped BattleMech
Rules:         Level 3, Custom design

Mass:          35 tons
Chassis:       Utility 'Mech
Power Plant:   105 I.C.E.
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets:     None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor Type:    Standard
Armament:     
  1 Agro Combine Half
  1 Rotary AC/2
Manufacturer:  (Unknown)
Communications System:  (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System:  (Unknown)

==Overview:==
Mech: AgroMech MOD-B

Serial Number: IMC-01943/5a
Mass: 35 tons
Chasis: IM Heavy
Power Plant: ConLee 105 ICE
Cruising Speed: 32 kph
Maximum Speed: 54 kph
Jump Jets: None
Armor: StarSlab/3

Armament:
1 General Motors Supernova-2 Rotary Autocannon
1 DiNapoli "Groundhog" Reinforced Combine

Commentary:

The Agromech MOD-B takes the previous combat modification of the basic Agro
to its next logical step, upgrading the armor and firepower for increased
durability and battle effectiveness. Featuring an advanced, faster-cycling
rotary autocannon system, and a reinforced combine intended for the rigors
melee combat, the MOD-B boasts a stronger punch and greater resistance to
damge.

Bill Maignlov's MOD-B, nicknamed "Old Painless," has been his since he join
the Band of Five regiment. Eager to bring his preferred weapon, the combine
bear quickly, Maignlov often rushes ahead of a friendl
Hana Yuriko

Postby Ben » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:22 pm

adamsderk wrote:Longtom,

I try to minimize the amount I have to "fill in" and if HMP has the stats, I'd prefer to use them. I know that the CBT MW:DA Character Sheets didn't sell well which is why they haven't made more. If Jasper is correct, getting stats from the "gods" would be great.

Thanks.

I think only the stats in the DA record sheets are 'canon'. The TRO 3135 that Jasper mentioned is a fan project.
Ben

Postby jasper_ward » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:23 am

you are very correct, but it is a very complex conversion system that is the most accurate thing you will probably see until 2012 or later, it is very accurate, and quite impressive
jasper_ward

Postby adamsderk » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:21 pm

I have taken a look at Heavy Metal Pro. Since I don't own any of them and there will be a new pricing (without free upgrades) for the updates coming from Fanpro, I am going to hold off until the new version comes out.

I am hoping that I can automate the data file creation to export from HMP to BTS.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby Matti » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:11 pm

adamsderk wrote:I have taken a look at Heavy Metal Pro. Since I don't own any of them and there will be a new pricing (without free upgrades) for the updates coming from Fanpro, I am going to hold off until the new version comes out.

It'll take 4 months before HMP6 is for sale and 10 months for next HMVee.
http://www.heavymetalpro.com/forums/vie ... hp?t=15154
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Matti

Postby Ben » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:55 pm

adamsderk wrote:I am hoping that I can automate the data file creation to export from HMP to BTS.

Thanks.

If you take a look at the MegaMek source, they have somewhat reverse engineered the HMP file format. At least enough to load HMP files.

Of course, at that rate you could just read MegaMek files instead...

There is also the hmpread utility that might work. I haven't tried the current java version (based on the MegaMek HMP parser), but I have an older C++ version with source that works reasonably well.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=47079
Ben

Postby adamsderk » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:40 pm

Ben,

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, some weapons have more than one model. That means that I have to select the model based on the position it is mounted (and design). So, the HMP info will account for 95% of my stat file, but I will still have to add that last 5% by hand (unless I figure out some really complicated model selection criteria). But just having that 95% done for me will be a big help (as well as reduce errors).

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby felderup » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:05 am

maybe rotating the weapon models will work in some cases. or make the models be selectable by manufacturer?
felderup

Postby jasper_ward » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:22 am

ok, about my earlier idea, the guy working on the Dark Age TRO PM'd me over at CBT.com, he'll help with whatever we need.

Any chance that you could post a list of what dark age models are around and usable, and I'll get it to him, and he said he can get stats and the write ups of any new weapons. He accually has a converted stat set of the Ares 135 ton mech if that is something that is doable
jasper_ward

Postby adamsderk » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:58 pm

Jasper,

Sounds good. I'll add anything that I have models and stats for, including the Ares. I am a bit curious to see how it actually plays considering all of the "discussion" about it.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork