new models WIP

For those working on art content.

Postby Stormwolf » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:24 pm

adamsderk wrote:Jasper,

Sounds good. I'll add anything that I have models and stats for, including the Ares. I am a bit curious to see how it actually plays considering all of the "discussion" about it.

Thanks.

I think that it only takes one fast mech to take the Ares apart (since it's supposed to be slow as hell).
Stormwolf

Postby Hana Yuriko » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:17 pm

Considering the stats, just about any 'mech could take it apart using CBT rules. Weapons aren't all that hot since it's optimized to utilize click rules.
Hana Yuriko

Postby longtom » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:08 am

had a little offtime because of reallife. finished this over the last 2 days. (sadly the warhammer has to be redone - noticed some mistakes that need some major repairwork.)
MW AOD / DA Marauder IIC 1256 polies in House Steiner colors.
without the extensive battledamage of the mw miniature.
hope you like it. tried to capture the feeling of a mw mini.

ed :)
"Remember, at 4:00 you have to shove a pineapple up Hitler's 455"
longtom

Postby adamsderk » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:30 am

Longtom,

Ooo, fun.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby jasper_ward » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:30 pm

how come we don't get to see the Madcat mk4 and Vulture mk4 over here, i saw them over at mektek, and... well, i wanna drive the new savage wolf :D

o, @ longtom, what all models do you have done and able to send to Derk, i'll goto Dave and get stat sheets for them if ya wanna make a list

so far if i'm correct, there are these:
Warhammer IIC
Maurauder IIC
Madcat mk4
Vulture mk4

~ am i missing any?
jasper_ward

Postby longtom » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:50 pm

all 4 are ready . i just have to finish the faction colors for them. but theres a little problem - all of them are in lwo format. i tried to convert them to object but it doesnt work out correctly. the mechs are splittet into ct, hip, upper arms etc - like mentioned in the model requirement thread. every part is in a seperate layer - dont know how to convert them without making it a single object. some suggestions? or someone who could convert them to object format?

since you asked here are my other mechs. for the moment in HS colors

"Remember, at 4:00 you have to shove a pineapple up Hitler's 455"
longtom

Postby jasper_ward » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:21 pm

wow, those really are awsome, just love how detailed they are and they make me wanna carress my mini's :D

I'll get to dave about stats, thanks for showing off your artw..... models :D
jasper_ward

Postby Hana Yuriko » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:22 am

Try saving the objects as 3DS (if Lightwave can export to that format). On the other hand, you could save each object layer as a single object, then reload each piece into your program and reconstruct the model in a single layer. I dunno if LW can combine layers, either, but if it can, try that.
Hana Yuriko

Postby Punk » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:44 am

Great artwork Longtom, keep at it.
0--}=----Punk-----*
House Marik[MPBT3025]
Punk

Postby Moses » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:02 am

overal nice work, the outlines of the amorplating could be more smothed that u cant count the pixels ...

to make them bts ready u have to make the uv-mapping thisway that evry face got its own texture part .. have u already done that?

at least i think DA belongs to the junkyard (not your work), as a cbt-fan its my duty to hate it ... :roll:

dunno ... maybe adam could include a non cbt-switch to enable such stuff, not atleast to encounter 'the discussion' ... :wink:
Moses

Postby Matti » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:51 am

Moses wrote:at least i think DA belongs to the junkyard

What of it? Games only or units too?

No, not units! I'm looking forward blasting off armed IndustrialMechs with RFL-3N! :lol:
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Matti

Postby jasper_ward » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:54 pm

to be honest, theres just something special to taking down an atlas by chopping it up with a forestry mech :D

...but some say i'm sick and twisted,

o, and I'd rather drive one of the new madcat IV's than a crappy ol atlas thats hundreds of years old

mixtech'd maxtech for the win.
jasper_ward

Postby Kishkumen » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:32 am

all 4 are ready . i just have to finish the faction colors for them. but theres a little problem - all of them are in lwo format. i tried to convert them to object but it doesnt work out correctly. the mechs are splittet into ct, hip, upper arms etc - like mentioned in the model requirement thread. every part is in a seperate layer - dont know how to convert them without making it a single object. some suggestions? or someone who could convert them to object format?

What works for me in Lightwave is to save them out as .obj files. .3ds files don't save the UV maps. For the different parts, select the appropriate polys and go into the Views tools. Select Create Part and give it a name. I usually like to hide the polys so once everything is hidden I know everything has a part assigned to it. Then copy all the layers into a single layer (I save this as a new object called Mech04Export.lwo), triple the polys and export as an .obj file.
ADD and non-medicated. Try to keep up.
Kishkumen

Postby Moses » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:23 am

another method is using another modeller/tool to get the groups named, milkshape, ultimate unwrap3d etc. r more confortable for doing this, milkshape has also some nice tools for cleanup that i miss at lw, they also show better than lw how smothing of groups will look like within the game what knows no % and maximumedge
Moses

Postby Punk » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:57 pm

Kishkumen wrote: .3ds files don't save the UV maps.

Umm, yes it does. If it dident Derk would have had to re UV all my weapon models and 'Mechs. It's an option in the export utility, a little checkbox in there that says; Save UV mapping or something like that.
0--}=----Punk-----*
House Marik[MPBT3025]
Punk

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork