Music Donation

For those working on art content.

Music Donation

Postby Duuvian » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:09 am

Hiya, the Artwork forum seems to be a good spot for this post. Within the next few days I'll post some beats for anyone who keeps an eye on this site to listen to.

Derk said he wasn't too keen on the idea of music, but he was nice enough to register me on the forum and said if others enjoy the beats enough, he may add them, so I'll be putting them on a file hosting service, likely Rapidshare; unless I hear an outcry against Rapidshare.
Duuvian

Postby Hana Yuriko » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:21 am

Just upload them to google pages. Or whatever it's called. 100MB of free space. There are better places to upload than rapidshare.

http://lizzy777.googlepages.com/CHI-You ... uction.mp3

That's not a link to the site. Just wanted to spam one of my tunes.

Here's the google link: http://pages.google.com/
Hana Yuriko

Postby Duuvian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:30 am

Cool, I'll prolly use that then.

A small request if you find time Derk... is there any way to get the weapon noises, sound effects etc. you use in game into individual .mp3 files? I could try to whip up a new beat with em.
Duuvian

Postby Duuvian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:42 am

Bah, I registered for an account on that google site, but it keeps failing to upload my beats, so I'ma say screw it and put one or two songs in a .zip on Rapidshare tommorrow.
Duuvian

Postby Duuvian » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:04 am

Uploading to Rapidshare now, will post link after it finishes.

List and short description:

Name

badass.mp3 - slow with a mean sounding electric guitar

boomboomboom24 - slow with piano, cowbell and synthy trumpet

compensate conversate - simple silly sample

fly5 - Happy victory song

fresh 69 - another happy type song

i don't miss being poor - speaks for itself

loki - VERY simple lil loop

low key - energetic to say the least

mock country song - title speaks for itself

pic - synth trills

steady6ebassedup - 8 frickin minutes long... changes several times after 3 mins and 55 patterns long

tight2mixed - slow and steady

travellor - me fooling with a digital turntable

All these beats were made by me and can be changed to fit Derk's needs IE play time, removing intros etc. I have about 100 or so beats, these are just a sample for the BTS audience to judge if they would like them included. They are legal beagle for Derk to use in the Battletech Simulator, on these conditions:

A: No profit is directly generated by BTS. If BTS becomes a marketed product, then my beats must be removed or some sort of (very) small percentage deal discussed.

B: I keep full rights to the beats. For example, say I make a great cd and get rich. Derk will still be able to keep the beats in BTS, but has no claim to my cd or proceeds.

Other than these two points, I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but then again I'm no lawyer. And if some douche wants to steal my beats and make money off them, goodluck and I'll see ya in court. :D

P.S. Nice beat Lizzy. That synth sounds like it took ages to make. And here I was thinking I was overdoing it with 55 patterns heh. It sounds like you lean more towards techno, while I prefer rap. Most of my stuff is made to be rap-able.

RAPIDSHARE LINK:

http://rapidshare.com/files/92763937/BTS_Beats.rar.html

In a .rar ; no password
Duuvian

Postby Hana Yuriko » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:00 pm

I was originally trying for heavy metal since that's how the old 4 channel audio sounded from Crescent Hawk's Inception game. But since it's BattleTech and most BT OSTs have a Techno sound to it, I blended the two styles.

As for Rap-able music. Just about anything can have that vocal style dubbed over it. It's how Shawn Colmes (Puffy) made his carer after all.
Hana Yuriko

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:28 am

My favorite soundtrack was the one for Mechwarrior 2, mercenaries. That had a good set of guitar style pieces and some nice ambient sound going on too.
Smoking_Mirror

Postby Duuvian » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:01 am

Hana, unfortunately I have to agree with you, it is fairly hard to make a song that isn't rap-able, unless the tempo changes a bunch or it's just too slow or fast (usually too slow in my experiance)

The fun part is rhyming "doctorate" with "no university frock from it" and trying to put in similes and other wordplays and such.
Duuvian

Postby Duuvian » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:54 pm

Hello. Been busy the last few weeks, but look for some more sounds in the near future. Soon as I get a couple done I'll be back and will post em.
Duuvian

Postby Stormwolf » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:25 pm

I always liked the music from the entire MW2 series. The Clans got fitting music in MW2 and GBL.

The mercenaries had some fitting music in mercs.

Although you could reason that the house armies got some fitting music in MW4 Vengeance.
Stormwolf

Return to Artwork