Any Request? What's your favorite Mech?

For those working on art content.

Any Request? What's your favorite Mech?

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:19 am

I'm trying to decide which mech to get to work on after the Shadowhawk is finished.

I know many people have a favorite Mech design which they have always wanted to pilot in a mech game, as a contributor to the project you deserve to be able to playtest in your own personal mech.

So the question is, what mech would you like to see finished up and added?

Personally I want to see the Javelin redone... I love that little fella, but the current javelin doesn't quite capture the robust and dynamic construction of the bot.

Two others that I'm looking at are the Whitworth (a nice early mech) or the Wolfhound (another light workhorse). From the later section of the timeline I enjoy the Chimera and Argus. And of course there's the Mauler, one of my faves from the Mechwarrior series...

Please try and choose a mech which is useful to the game as it currently stands, I.e. either from the starleague or the age of war, or perhaps one which is an early clan design. Also don't bother with any rare designs such as the Imp or Spartan, which are ultra cool, but so unlikely to turn up on a battlefield that they'd be a waste of time to make.

EDIT; if you have a request, try to post some good source pictures and diagrams. You can even draw some yourself if you have a particular redesign in mind (perhaps you don't like the jet pack on the mini, show me how you'd prefer it, or perhaps you want to create a re-seen version of an existing mech...) use your imagination, it's the fun part of the design process.
Smoking_Mirror

Re: Any Request? What's your favorite Mech?

Postby Matti » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:33 pm

Smoking_Mirror wrote:So the question is, what mech would you like to see finished up and added?

All Unseens 8)

[edit]
If that's too much trouble, then just 'Hawks, Wolverine, Rifleman... Marauder, Archer and Thunderbolt are there already, but Warhammer and BattleMaster are still missing. Ostsol (fast laser-zombie) and Longbow would be nice too.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Matti

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:45 pm

I'll look at the Ostsol and the Phoenix hawk, though I should say I prefer the new designs of both.

Today I'm half way through making a wolfhound, the model is ready and I'm just playing around with how to orient the UV map to get the best result.
Smoking_Mirror

Postby Matti » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:47 am

Smoking_Mirror wrote:Today I'm half way through making a wolfhound, the model is ready and I'm just playing around with how to orient the UV map to get the best result.

Looking forward to it :)
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Matti

Return to Artwork