Kodiak

For those working on art content.

Kodiak

Postby elitewolverine » Tue May 20, 2008 8:26 pm

And now for my attempt at the kodiak....the arm joints were a mess on the tro's to be honest its almost impossible to use them so i had to improvise...

the leg joints were taken from pictures of the mini....

not to happen about the toes right now...but i am glad its right around the 1700 figure for now...i believe once i do the toes better and even clean up the head abit i think, i will be able to get this under 1900 full stock variant...

elitewolverine

Postby elitewolverine » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:56 pm

here is a base texture for the finished mech...

the reason why the blades are black/grey for now is cause i havent added the "metal" texture to the .png file on a layer so that its not affected by camo of different factions...

ImageImage
elitewolverine

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:59 pm

Looks awesome.

How did you do the blades? They look a little poly heavy from this angle...

Usually if I have to add an antenna or spike or something like that to a low poly model I use a pyramid shape, as this is a really efficient way to show the detail you want.

So start with a set of triangles,
Extrude them each upwards, one at a time. When they get to the desired height use ALT+M to select the merge verts pop up menu and merge at center. This will give you a nice four sided triangle shape.
Which as you can see looks fine. You can even delete the bottom triangle if you want to save space.

Anyway, looks good. As you get more practice at modeling low poly you'll be able to really cut down the poly count. Remember that with older software every poly counts and you can really improve performance with a 50% or even 25% drop in numbers.

I like the texture. Looking good.
Smoking_Mirror

Postby Stormwolf » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:11 pm

I can't wait to pilot that one in BTS 8)

Great work :D
Stormwolf

Return to Artwork