Weapon models.

For those working on art content.

Postby Duuvian » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:30 am

Hello, this isn't really important as your models are already very very nice, but I was looking at some of the reference sites in the reference thread, and I found a pretty neat weapon diagram (of the clans at least) and I thought I would point it out as a reference if one would help you. It also has some clan omnimech models that apparently the Battletech board game miniatures will be or are molded from, or something along that line if I read it correctly.

http://www.thudgun.com/BTech/Omnis.html
Duuvian

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Thanks, That's where I got most of my ideas from :-)

I'm making some changes to the models I've made, just to give a better result. I'm keeping most models the same, or similar length and adjusting it so that the model center is part way down the barrel. That way they should be recessed when mounted on the wrist location, but will look good if mounted on the outside of the arm or shoulder.

More details later... Don't use what I've posted so far, it's not finished. However, the final models will be based on the same template, so any requirements for names or layout (should everything be placed a xyz 0.0.0?
Smoking_Mirror

Postby adamsderk » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:16 am

Smoking_Mirror,

Just saving each group of weapons as a separate file would be helpful. Each one has to have bones added and exported as a dts to work correctly in the game.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Artwork