Buildings...

For those working on art content.

Buildings...

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:38 pm

Buildings...

I've been working on some buildings today, I need them for another animation project, so I thought I better finally get around to making them.

Anyway, the first attempt, more of a test than anything, is a potential factory. I think I've got the right array of parts, they just need to be more simple, or better planned. Next one will be better.

Here's the preview;

ImageImageImage

It looks pretty, but it's getting close to 3500 triangles here, so I'd like to see how far I can cut that down. Probably I can cut it in half with some better planning....

The point is that the work flow for buildings is now at least partly in place so future building models will be very quick to make.
Last edited by Smoking_Mirror on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smoking_Mirror

Postby adamsderk » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Smoking_Mirror,

Ooo, fun. Good work.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby Stormwolf » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:25 pm

:shock:

That looks pretty amazing.
Stormwolf

Postby Veers » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:10 pm

it looks damn good, you really are generating some excellent stuff.

Jason
Veers

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:46 pm

I want to make sure that each object is made up of individual blocks, each of which is a closed convex hull. That way you won't need to make new collision boxes, you can just duplicate and separate the original shapes.

Using the list on the "locations list" on this site, I've sketched all the objects I might need. I've got some extra ones too, to makes some apartment buildings and platforms.

I could make some raised roads too, but I don't know if they can be implemented.
Smoking_Mirror

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:06 pm

Making some more progress here.

Will post the results tomorrow.
Smoking_Mirror

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:39 am

a quick preview of the nearly completed modular buildings project. should give you some high quality buildings to create a military base of any kind. Also going to include some worker housing later and of course the main factory template...

Smoking_Mirror

Return to Artwork