Thor, Loki, Wyvern and Striker; Complete!

For those working on art content.

Thor, Loki, Wyvern and Striker; Complete!

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:21 pm

4 new mechs.
I'm going to try to post the DTS files in each of these forum posts when I've done them. I have to make sure they are being made properly first however, so for now I'm just posting the 3ds model and textures.

First up is the Thor/Loki. I saved a lot of time here by using a single texture sheet and having the models share a lot of parts.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Next is the Wyvern. I've tried to go for something here that fits the original TRO artwork, which seems to have a tower which sticks up from the jetpack. This gives it a very distinctive silhouette. Should work well as a star league city fighter. I wasn't happy with the idea of just having two "eyes" as the cockpit. How would you see straight ahead? so I added a window strip to the forehead. (edit; changed to a single pane of glass, also shrunk the head a little to give it more "human" proportions).

ImageImage

Lastly the most common Star league era assault mech. The striker was introduced as a cheap(?) and effective assault mech to complement house donations to the SLDF. It's not seen much in later eras but it'll probably be your standard ride if you pilot a assault mech during the star league. It's also worth noting that the Striker formed the base for upgrade in to the Awesome.

ImageImage

And the files for all three;

Loki /Thor
Wyvern-updated
Striker
Last edited by Smoking_Mirror on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoking_Mirror

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:12 pm

I'm thinking of shrinking the strip cockpit on the wyvern, just the center section.

It looked good on the concept sketch, but came out too big on the model, and causes it to diverge from the original design too much.

Will post the updated textures later.
Smoking_Mirror

Postby adamsderk » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Smoking_Mirror,

Coming along nicely. You might be the most productive artist on the team :)

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:50 pm

Modified the wyvern a little, see first post.

Maybe the most productive, but mostly just well organized. I've got production time down to three hours per model, and I've set up blender on my computer at work so I can do some modeling during my free periods.

I've learned a lot during this project so it's been worth the time invested.
Smoking_Mirror

Return to Artwork