Sound tidbit

For those working on art content.

Sound tidbit

Postby Duuvian » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:49 pm

Hello. I made a simple droning noise in 1-10 increments for you to play around with engine noise, Derk. Its more of a placeholder. It is in the .rar

4 derk ->Engine -> placeholder engine noise.

Let me know if there is a "click" in the sound in the game. Its some sort of distortion that I only seem to get in Windows Media Player, very irritating when repeating a half second sound over and over again. I dont get it in either of my sound oriented softwares, so it may be due to the fact media player isnt designed to repeat such a short noise.

Also, I made the underwater noise transition the loop smoother (I think)

4 derk -> Environmental

http://rapidshare.com/files/152377530/4_derk.rar.html
Duuvian

Postby adamsderk » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:03 pm

Duuvian,

The place holders give me something to work with.

I really like the underwater and wind environmentals. But could you make a shorter wind one? 7 Mb mp3 file is a bit big. Skys the limit on environmentals, how about rain, snow, dust storm, lava, etc.

That structure is quite ambitious, are you planning on filling all those? <crosses fingers>

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby Duuvian » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:43 pm

I don't know if I'll be able to fill it up, but showing future girlfriends the sounds I made for a video game gives me motivation (somewhat)

Anyways, I think I might try jump jets next. Any requests as to how it is to be done? Right now my folders say to make a Jump Jet Landing, a large, medium, and small jumpjet noises.

For jumpjet landing, do you want a jumpjet cutoff sorta thing and a thump? Or just a thump(maybe could vary by surface)? Or just the JJ cutoff?
Duuvian

Postby adamsderk » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Duuvian,

If you can score with girls by making sounds for my game, the more power to you :D

Three levels of jump jet sounds would be great. The landing would actually be the footstep sounds which would be different for each surface. If you want to have a hand at those as well, I'd love to have them.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby Duuvian » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:42 am

Hello, I did some work on laser sounds. Unfortunately, my headphones broke, so I'm not 100% on the quality since I'm relying on laptop speakers.

http://rapidshare.com/files/164290599/4 ... 6.rar.html

I didnt make clan versions of the sounds, but I can.

I did however make 2 versions for each weapon, one with hiss and one without. This hiss might be steam evaporating or air vibration in atmospheric worlds, or it could be a side affect of what makes clan lasers better. Or it could just be noise I'll take out, so let me know if I should keep it in. Any suggestions are welcome.

4 derk\Weapon Sound Effects\Weapon Hit\Lasers

heavy lasers
Small, Medium, Large Lasers
Pulse Lasers
Micro Laser
Infantry Laser
Extended Range Laser

Also, should pulse lasers be long and drawn out, or short like a machine gun? I made these as a single, shorter laser shot so Derk can control them like a machine gun.
Duuvian

Postby adamsderk » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:59 am

Duuvian,

I haven't had a chance to listen to the sounds yet, but pulse lasers should be short single shots.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby Duuvian » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:02 am

Hello, heres another .rar for you Derk, with a few metallic sounds. Unfortunately, I ran into a serious problem. Apparently either .mp3 format or the programs I use add a tiny gap of silence before and after the sound file during rendering. This makes looped noises impossible to make until I figure out how to disable it. I didn't notice because I fixed them (or so I thought) and chalked up the gaps to windows media player being crappy since I had just got done "fixing" the sounds.When I opened up one of those loops though, I noticed I would have to delete the gaps again. So to sum it up, loops will have to go on the backburner, until I learn how to remove the render gaps. Single noises should be fine if you don't mind a tiny delay (not really noticeable I think, but I haven't seen it in game. It might look sorta like a dubbed foreign movie if its worse then I think it is.)

Here's the link. Apparently the host changed rules and you need a special account to allow your files to be downloaded more then 10 times or past 90 days. Just a heads up.

http://rapidshare.com/files/175076629/4derk2.rar.html
Duuvian

Postby Duuvian » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:48 pm

Hey Derk, good to see your back. An update on me, I killed my laptop by interrupting it while it was doing checkdisk. At least I learned something. I was on a 25$ computer for a while (you get what you pay for) and now I'm back up to circa 2005. I don't have my programs yet but when I do (don't know when) I'll start doing small contributions again. I hope you still have any sounds you want to use from the ones I sent because my laptop is a paperweight.
Duuvian

Postby adamsderk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Duuvian,

I archive everything :) Sorry to hear about your computer, but glad to hear you are getting back to your feet.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Return to Artwork