first model, new member

For those working on art content.

first model, new member

Postby Gorthaur » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:43 pm

this is my first post so id figure id post my first work in modeling. i started out with metasequoia, a freeware modeling program. im starting to learn truespace now, but the interface is a lot more complicated and i get overwhelmed by colorful symbols.

anyway here is my first model (actually my second but i scrapped my other one) a mw3 style shadowcat. its still a work in progress but heres some shots.

Gorthaur

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Hey, it looks good. If you check the list on the main site you can see a rought estimate of which mechs have already been done.

There are some however which I've made but not got around to posting yet. The shadow cat is one of those.

I'd recomend finishing it off though, just for practice, as each mech you finish ups your skill level a little more.

I think Derk would like to see some of the Unseen, as I know I'm not going to make them. You may like to look at the original designs... there's a link around somewhere... ^-^
Smoking_Mirror

Postby Gorthaur » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:27 am

been busy but ive still been practicing when i get the chance. pretty much finished up most of the model. may not look as nice as it should, but the program im using has a crappy render.

Gorthaur

Return to Artwork