Switchable Ammunition

Web log of development issues.

Switchable Ammunition

Postby adamsderk » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:04 pm

September 20, 2006

Ben was nice enough to write up all the important information about ATMs for me as I wait for my copy of Total Warfare to be shipped.

Looking through the data, it looks like the construct of the launcher having the range and damage values won’t work. So, I’ll have to switch over to the ammunition having range and damage values that are used for the calculations. I.e. the range of the ATM launcher changes based on the type of ammunition loaded into it.

This is a pretty major change in the code and will take some time, especially since there will need to be a way to select from multiple ammunition types for a single launcher, and the CoD will be based on the ammunition.

However, that opens up the system to allow all of the “optional” ammunition as well as make way for the new IS launchers that can use LRM or SRM ammunition.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby BATTLEMASTER IIC » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:21 am

Will there be an ammunition selection dialog available before mission launch?
BATTLEMASTER IIC
BATTLEMASTER IIC

Postby adamsderk » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:01 am

BattleMasterIIC,

Yes, eventually :)

I'm going to make my code really complicated as I add each little feature and then overhaul it once I can see the big picture in the code.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby BATTLEMASTER IIC » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:49 am

Haha what ever works! You're doing a great job. I can't wait to see more cool things come out of this :)
BATTLEMASTER IIC
BATTLEMASTER IIC

Postby Hana Yuriko » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:39 am

adamsderk wrote:I'm going to make my code really complicated as I add each little feature and then overhaul it once I can see the big picture in the code.

Oh sure. Take the easy route...
Hana Yuriko

Return to Development Blog