The Campaign Part 13

Web log of development issues.

The Campaign Part 13

Postby adamsderk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Greetings,

I was hoping to be announcing that a new update is available, but alas, that is not the case. Ferreting out the bugs has been a little more involved that I expected. So what have I been finding?

Let's see, I had to keep the code from just deleting your units; bad form. And then there was the issue of your salvage being put in the AI unit list; not good. And then the small things like, vehicles being spawned without armor, making sure that when the campaign was finished that you ended up on the right screen through deleting files and clearing variables.

There just seems to be a never ending list of things to fix. But at least I am actually able to play a campaign now. The real issue is making sure that the player is kept out of areas that they don't have access to yet, and at the same time that those areas are being taken care of by the friendly AI. The issues are really when one or the other isn't happening.

So, it is close, but not for this week. But spring break is coming up and I know people will have some extra time to "test" the system, so I am trying to get as much done as possible.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby Duuvian » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:59 pm

Good to hear! Like I said in the other post, I've been busy but you can expect some more sounds in the near future (had my eye on using that rolling thunder sound to make an ac shot sound for starters)
Duuvian

Return to Development Blog