Balance and extras

Web log of development issues.

Balance and extras

Postby adamsderk » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Greetings,

I believe that for the most part the balance system is in place. I am especially proud of the balance adjustments while jumping. It pushes the balance further in whatever direction you are currently off balance.

The torso movement from being hit with weapons is pretty subtle. It really is based on my "balance to torso degrees" amount. I could increase the angle of movement, but then movement from a collision would be even bigger. So, I just figure it is one that will have to be tweaked over time.

There is also an "auto-balance" feature that can be turned on to move the balance back to center automatically. It will make things easier for novice players, but will not allow "pre-loading."

In addition, I finally got the throttle to work smoothly, without jumping around. Also, the jump distance has been fixed. I.e. an JP of 4 will move they Mech 120 meters during the jump.

So, now to put the terrain fix (i.e. loop to make sure the terrain has valid drop points) [this is what has been causing the crashes at the lighting stage]. I have already done the components, I just have to follow the trail between server and client to make sure the data passes correctly. And If I'm really ambitious, I'll put the interface in to let the attacker select their drop point from the map overview.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby SandMan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:26 pm

I think we're all excited to see how this handles!

//SandMan
For Davion!
ImageImage
SandMan

Postby Smoking_Mirror » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:22 am

That being said, don't rush to get a release. There's lots going in to the next version, and the map fix is the most important. Once that's done we can start back on the track of adding mechs, vehicles and buildings.

I'm sure you could soon consider BTS to be at version 1.0
Smoking_Mirror

Return to Development Blog