Revisit 16 - Paperwork

Web log of development issues.

Revisit 16 - Paperwork

Postby adamsderk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:15 pm

Greetings,

I am adding a few new features to the infantry object but spending most of my time documenting object characteristics. I have updated the rules section of infantry and added the infantry weapons as a new group. So, please peruse and comment on anything with which you disagree.

I suppose the best part of starting over is that I can do things that I wasn't able to do before. The root of the new abilities is having multiple weapons for infantry. The advanced rules actually have the possibility of two types of weapons, primary and support, within a single platoon. With a 28 trooper platoon, there would be 24 primary weapons and 4 support weapons. While the default infantry units in Total Warfare don't have that specificity, it is now possible to put it in. Which means that the player could switch between the weapons, but still stay within the CBT total damage levels. Because of multiple weapons, I figured out how to do an Anti-Mech Attack by a conventional infantry unit. Since climbing a Mech isn't really possible with the models, I made it a "harpoon" (imagine Luke Skywalker attacking an ATAT) that the player would fire (very slowly) that would do the requisite damage if it hits. As for the Swarm Attack, I just don't know how I could implement it.

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Postby Hana Yuriko » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:35 pm

Since climbing a Mech isn't really possible with the models...

It is possible with the models. You just need the right animations and code to do it. I imagine the same goes for swarming with battle armor.
Hana Yuriko

Postby adamsderk » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Hana,

Well, of course anything is possible :)

What I meant was that none of the code to support such a behavior is in Torque. Since it would all have to be done from scratch, my time is probably better spent else where :)

Thanks.
adamsderk
Site Admin

Return to Development Blog